The following terms (hereinafter referred to as the Agreement) apply to usage of the OMRON Industrial Automation Web site (http://www.ia.omron.com/, hereinafter referred to as the Web Site) operated by the Industrial Automation Company (hereinafter referred to as the Company) of OMRON Corporation (hereinafter referred to as OMRON).
The customer may use the Web Site only when he or she agrees with all the conditions of the Agreement.
The Company may change or revise the Agreement without notifying the customer in advance and the changes or revisions will be valid from the time the changed or revised Agreement is placed on the Web Site.
Please be sure you are aware of the current contents of the Agreement.
Recommended Browsers, Plug-ins, SSL and Cookie
We recommend the following to ensure enjoyable viewing and usage of Web Site.
- Recommended Browser
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or later
- Required Plug-ins
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Flash Player
To provide greater security for customers, the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is used to encode communications when the customer transfers data.
Please set your browser to accept cookies.
Contents and Intellectual Property Rights
- The copyright and all other rights to contents of the Web Site ,including but not restricted to, documents, catchphrases, logos, trademarks, photographic images, illustrations, charts, drawings, moving images, video images, music, software, programs, databases, and data (hereinafter referred to as the Contents).belong to OMRON or to the third party providing the contents. Permission must be obtained in advance from the Company to use the Contents for other than printing or saving the Contents for personal use or for any other reason clearly allowed by law (including, but not restricted to, copying, modifying, analyzing, transmitting, transferring, loaning, granting usage, using for business, and using for profit).
All of these acts are prohibited without the permission of the Company.
- By providing the Contents on the Web Site, OMRON does not transfer patent rights, rights to designs, or any other rights to inventions, designs, or other aspects of the Contents and does not grant license to any rights based on the intellectual property rights of the Contents.
- The information and Contents concerning products, services, technologies, and other items provided to the customer on the Web Site are protected by patent laws, industrial property right laws, and other laws related to intellectual property.
- The OMRON trademark and the names of OMRON products used on this site are trade names, trademarks, or registered trademarks.
Links to the Web Site
This Agreement must be observed by anyone wishing to use a link to the Web Site.
- We recommend that all links to the Web Site point to the top page (http://www.ia.omron.com/).
- When creating a link to the Web Site, use one of the following as the name of the Web Site or the Company: "OMRON Industrial Automation" or "OMRON".
The Company's logo and trademarks may not be used.
- The following types of links or links that present the possibility of the following are prohibited.
- Links from sites that slander the Company, related companies, Company officials, or Company employees
- Sites that violate public order and morality or that would injury the honor or integrity of the Company
- Links that do not clearly indicate the contents of the Web Site, such as frame links
- Link that would give a false impression of an affiliation or cooperative relationship
with the Company or that would give a false impression that the Company recognizes or supports the site linking to the Web Site.
- If the Company determines that links such as the above or other links are inappropriate, the Company will request that the link be deleted, even if the Company previously consented to a link.
Links to Non-OMRON Web Sites
The web site contains links to other internet sites which are not maintained by the Company.
The Company is not responsible for the content of those sites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from that content.
Any links to other sites are provided as a convenience to the users of the web site, and does not imply the Company's endorsement of the linked site.
Suspension of Services
The Company may suspend part of all of the Web Site without prior notice to the customers in the following cases to ensure a proper operating condition of the Web Site.
The Company disclaims all responsibility for any damages incurred by the customer arising from suspension of services.
- Periodic or emergency system maintenance of facilities and installations related to the Web Site, including servers
- Inability to operate the Web Site due to fire, power interruption, earthquake, volcanic eruptions, or other Act of God, or sabotage by a third party
- Problems or malfunction of facilities or installations related to operating the Web Site, such as those that may occur in servers
- Temporary suspension of the Web Site at the discretion of the Company
The following acts are prohibited when using the Web Site.
- Act that would infringe on or have the potential of infringing on the copyrights, trade secrets, property, rights, profit, privacy, honor, or trust of the Company or any third party.
- Performing any other acts related to harmful computer programs, data, or information, including, but not limited to, computer viruses, such as providing or supplying them through the Web Site or to the Web Site.
- Performing any acts that violate public order and morality.
- Performing any acts that interfere with or have the potential of interfering with the operation of the Web Site.
- Any acts restricted by law.
- Any other acts determined by the Company to be unsuitable.
Limitations of Liability
- It is possible that problems, such as text corruption, missing data, errors, interruptions, and usage inability, may occur when using the Web Site due to applications conditions.
The Company disclaims all responsibility for any damages incurred by the customer arising from such problems.
- Third party sites that link the Web Site or third party sites that are linked from the Web Site are operated at the responsibility of each third party. The Company disclaims all responsibility for the contents or other aspects of these third party sites.
Furthermore, the Company does not necessarily recommend the contents of or the site itself for any third party sites link to or from the Web Site.
- The contents and URL of the Web Site may be changed or deleted without notice.
The Company disclaims all responsibility for damages incurred by the customer arising from such changes or deletions.
Information the Company publishes on the Web Site may contain references or cross references to OMRON products, programs and services that are not announced or available in your country.
Such references do not imply that the Company intends to announce such products, programs or services in your country.
Consult your local the Company business contact for further information regarding the products, programs and services which may be available.
Applicable Laws and Jurisdiction
- The use of the Web Site and the application and interpretation of this Agreement are based on the laws of Japan.
- If the need for litigation occurs between the Customer and the Company concerning the Web Site, the Tokyo District Court will have exclusive jurisdiction.
Comments for the Company
If you have any comments or suggestions for the Company, please send them using the form at the URL below:
Industrial Automation Company
Created: April 4, 2007
Update: January 27, 2014